Artesia Small Business Grant Program
The City of Artesia's Small Business Grant Program is for small businesses in Artesia who have been negatively impacted by COVID-19. Artesia’s Small Business Grant Program provides businesses with assistance in job creation and retention. The small business grant will provide up to $10,000 for qualified businesses of 15 total employees or less. Some funding is also available to sole proprietorships of 5 employees or less including the owner.
Small Business Grant Program Eligibility Requirements
- Be within the City of Artesia city boundaries
- Have been operational since March 01, 2020
- Have a valid City of Artesia business license at the time of applying
- Not have any active code violations
- Operate out of a commercial storefront
- Employ no more than 15 employees (not including business owner)
- Register for a free UEI number via sam.gov website
- If awarded a grant, commit to retain, or create employment for at least one full-time equivalent position by a low-and moderate-income (LMI) person(s).
- Business must be up to date of payment Measure V taxes
- Demonstrate its impact by COVID-19 via one of the following:
- Ordered to close from either a state or local government (proof must be submitted)
- Had to lay off at least one full time or part time employee due to circumstances created by the pandemic (proof must be submitted along with a written affidavit)
- Show loss of income via business annual gross revenue as reported on their tax returns. Comparison tax returns 2019/2020 or 2020/2021
Businesses will be required to submit back up documents to establish eligibility. Documentation requested may include, but is not limited to, proof of business ownership, business license, payroll register, tax returns, invoices and receipts, and lease agreements.
This list is not meant to exhaustive. Examples of eligible use of funds include:
- Commercial lease or mortgage payments
- Employee payroll (not including owner)
- Office supplies
- Expenses related to PPE, items related to health and safety, distancing measures
SECOND ROUND APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE NOW
- Small Business Grant Program Guidelines here
- For Small Business Grant Program Application fill out form here
Applications will be processed on a first come-first serve basis until all available funds are exhausted.
Only one application will be accepted per applicant, even if the applicant has multiple interests/businesses within the City.
Completed applications should be submitted in a SEALED ENVELOPE to:
Artesia City Hall
18747 Clarkdale Ave., Artesia, CA90701
Attn: Leslie Nacionales-Tafoya
Re: Small Business Program
For Questions Please Contact:
Phone: (909) 816-2408, Monday - Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.