Parking Permit Program
Northeast Artesia Preferential Parking District Petition
- Creating the District will require a majority of residents in the proposed District’s boundaries to sign and submit a petition in support of it. If you would like to create the District, you will need to sign the petition either electronically or physically.
Signing the petition electronically.
A petition will be available on the City’s website for residents who live within the proposed district’s boundaries to sign digitally from Monday,3/01/2021 to Monday,03/29/2021. You may only sign once.
- Signing the petition physically.
As an alternative to signing the petition electronically, residents can also sign the petition form and drop it off at AJ Padelford Park (11870 169th Street) in a box marked “Preferential Parking District Petitions” located around the corner of the Teen Center Building facing the picnic shelter under the awning. Petitions must be submitted by 5:00 PM Monday, 03/29/2021 to be counted. People living at the same address may sign the same petition.
Established Parking Districts
The City has established preferred parking districts in the City to minimize the impact on neighborhoods from non-resident, visiting vehicles being parked on residential streets adjacent to the downtown area and other areas. There are three districts in the City, that cover the streets adjacent to Downtown, Roseton Avenue and Ashworth Street. Residential permits are available for qualified vehicles. Each household is eligible for five residential permits, plus three visitors permits.
Eligibility for a Residential Parking Permit
To be eligible for a residential parking permit, the following conditions must exist:
- Must be a resident of the designated street you are applying the permit for (proof of residency, includes utility bills, lease agreement, etc.)
- Must have a valid vehicle registration
- Must not have any pending parking citations on the vehicle
Complete your application and send all documentations to Okina Dor at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Parking Permit Application (PDF)
For Merchants and Their Employees
Merchants in the parking permit zone may obtain parking permits at a discounted rate through City Hall. Submit a Merchant Discount Parking Application at City Hall.
Downtown Paid Parking Program (PDF)
Merchant Discount Parking Application (PDF)